- March 16, 2017
- Posted by: Leilani
- Category: All News, Chuuk News, Kosrae News, Pohnpei News, Vacancy Announcements, Yap News
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 2017-001
Opening Date March 15, 2017
Closing Date: April 14, 2017
It is the policy of the FSM Development Bank that FSM citizens be given first priority for employment consideration with other Micronesians, U.S. citizens, and other nationals utilized in positions for which no qualified citizens are available.
POSITION & GRADE: Receptionist, Contractual Employment
LOCATION: FSM Development Bank, Headquarters, Kolonia, Pohnpei, FSM
SALARY: $ 8,419.00 per annum
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Illustrative only):
1. Answers telephones, screens and directs calls tactfully;
2. Takes and relay messages; tactfully refers callers to staff members as requested;
3. Receives and greets visitors, customers and clients entering the bank;
4. Refers or directs customers and/or visitors to the correct destination and/or proper officers or staff members;
5. Assists in monitoring the security surveillance equipment and/or cameras and reports suspicious activities and/or movement on or around the bank’s premises;
6. Maintains proper logs or records of inward and outward consignments and visitors; and,
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree (A.A) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school. Some related work experience is a plus. Must have strong attention to detail, organizational, customer service and communication skills. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information and other related situations. Proficiency with MS Word & MS Excel is required. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Ability to read and write in English. Ability to understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
All applications, curriculum vitae, and at least three letters of reference shall be completed and submitted to: FSMDB Corporate Office, with mailing address as follows: FSM Development Bank HQ, P.O. Box M, Kolonia, Pohnpei FM 96941 by mail; by fax to 320-2842 or in person at the FSM Development Bank’s Corporate Office in Kolonia, Pohnpei or at any branches nearest you, or by email to: email@example.com, on or before April 14, 2017.
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 2017-002
Opening Date: March 28, 2017
Closing Date: April 27, 2017
It is the policy of the FSM Development bank that FSM citizens be given first priority for employment consideration with other Micronesians, U.S. citizens, and other nationals utilized in positions for which no qualified citizens are available.
POSITION & GRADE: Loan Officer, Grade 4
LOCATION: FSM Development Bank, Headquarters, Pohnpei
SALARY: $16,515.20 minimum per annum, Higher Salary may be Considered Depending on Qualification
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Illustrative only):
1. Provides information regarding the Bank’s services, functions, loan procedures and business advantages to potential customers and clients.
2. Interviews applicants for loans and compiles all necessary data regarding the client’s proposed project. Informs clients regarding the Bank’s requirements and standards for loans. Negotiates and explains terms and conditions of loans to applicants. Issues applications and other lending documents. Assists applicants in completing the documents and/or direct them to appropriate agencies for assistance. Ensures that all loan applications are properly documented.
3. Assesses the economic and financial viability of proposed projects in terms of management experience, technical abilities, marketing, and financial capabilities. Conducts detailed feasibility studies regarding proposals as necessary.
4. Compiles information and prepare loan packages in standard formats for review by the Credit Committee.
5. Administers the disbursement of loan funds to approved projects.
6. Ensures that borrowers fulfill the terms and conditions set out in loan document and lending guidelines. Monitors projects progress via reports and with visits to the project.
7. Pursues the collection of loan payments on current and delinquent loans. Provide assistance to clients with problem accounts within the established policies and procedures of the Bank. Report progress regarding such loans to the Senior Vice President/COO and implements instructions accordingly.
8. Promotes Bank’s business and develops recommendations to market the Bank’s services in the local community.
9. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economic or related field from a four-year college or university; plus one to two years related work experience and/or training. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business proposals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to perform economic and financial analysis on loan packages. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients/customers, and the general public. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in writing, oral diagram, or schedule form.
All applications, curriculum vitae, and at least three letters of reference shall be completed and submitted to: FSMDB, Corporate Office at mailing address: P.O. Box M Kolonia, Pohnpei FM 96941 by mail; by fax to 691-320-2842 or in person at the FSM Development Bank’s Corporate Office in Kolonia, Pohnpei or at any branches nearest you, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before April 27, 2017.